LOVE ONE ANOTHER
Rev. Alexis Johnson
April 1, 2021
Thesis: We must know who and whose we are to be set free for true service.
- That the disciples would be without Him soon.
- That He had been given everything
- That He had come from heaven and was returning to heaven
- That Judas would betray Him
- Who His disciples were
What are we, along with the disciples, called to know?
- Who we ARE
- Who calls us
- That we need community to serve and be served.
- When we are clear on who we are, even the most humble acts of service cannot change that.
- Service must be voluntary to be holy (laying down power). If it is compelled or coerced, it is abuse.
Call to Action and Response: Know who you are. Consider your power. Serve and be served for the sake of the community.
A service of Shadows and Stones
Rev. Mark Johnson
Subscribe to Our Newsletter